What's in the moat?

Sour, you sound as if it is too late! I went to that concert for my 50th and I don't plan for it to be my last. Now, I never participated in some of the activities (no boxes were worn or sampled, and 2 oz of any type alcohol was always my limit in my younger days, later, I rarely even had one) but I would dress up, take the props, eat, laugh, and watch to my heart's content. It is a great time, and it really helps to be a "Parrot Head" as us Buffett fans are called.
But I cant say If I did go or not. I have to slip out the oubliette window, climb up the walls of the dungeon, climb over the main walls and turrets, run thru the hedge maze, volley over the moats, then shimmy under the drawbridge, run thru the forest, over the outer walls, veer the cannons blasted at me, just to get there!!

...although I made a hair-string guitar and if I drink the brown moss, it will feel i'm at a buffet concert.

wee.gif

But I cant say If I did go or not. I have to slip out the oubliette window, climb up the walls of the dungeon, climb over the main walls and turrets, run thru the hedge maze, volley over the moats, then shimmy under the drawbridge, run thru the forest, over the outer walls, veer the cannons blasted at me, just to get there!!

...although I made a hair-string guitar and if I drink the brown moss, it will feel i'm at a buffet concert.

wee.gif
Now I know you're making this up. Whatever that drawing may show, we both know there is no window on the oubliette - though after the last time, I also know you can climb out of the oubliette!

And really - cannons? In this Kingdom? Loaded with snowballs, maybe . . . .

Or more likely, glitter.
wee.gif

Alaskan can't sleep...it is too difficult to imagine how big the cannon would have to be, if it shot out 8foot snowballs.

That is a giant cannon.

How would it be aimed?

Where would it be stationed?

That sheer weight would collapse the wall it sat on.

The wall it sat on would have to be huge, and very wide.

That is a very large cannon.

Most cannonballs are much smaller, maybe one foot in diameter.

And those cannons are already quite large.

And heavy.

And a bit troublesome to move and aim.....unless you aim just up and down and not left and right.

Heavy, large cannon.

Last edited:
In case Alaskan is wondering...

The Tsar Cannon, the largest cannon made in 1586, had a 890 mm
caliber. (35 inches) However, it did not fire a "one" single ball, but a
volley of grapefruit.

The largest single stone cannon was a mere 820 mm. (31.4 inch)

The largest modern-time cannon is the "Little David" with a caliber of
914 mm. (36 inch)

And for the final trivia...

The cannon at the circus they shoot the clown out of...it isn't a cannon
at all. (You really can't shoot clowns out of cannons. Hard on the clowns)

And now Spook will go back to his little spooky bed where he was before
his dim-witted brother called to wake me up. (It's 2:30 in the morning. I don't
have to get up for another three hours.)

Spook the Sleepy

In case Alaskan is wondering...

The Tsar Cannon, the largest cannon made in 1586, had a 890 mm
caliber. (35 inches) However, it did not fire a "one" single ball, but a
volley of grapefruit.

Spook the Sleepy

Having a "Mrs. Doubtfire" moment here - "it was a drive-by fruiting!"
gig.gif

Though as Alaskan was musing, you'd have a hard time driving around with a cannon that size.

Now that I think about it, those stacks of citrus in the grocery store do look a lot like ammunition . . . .

Back
Top Bottom