Whats the Difference?

LadiesMan017

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 28, 2011
Whats the difference between a Light Brahma, Light Sussex, and Columbian Wyandotte? Their feathering looks the same to me......

Light Brahmas have feathers down the outside of their legs, the other two breeds do not.
Here in my photo, I have one columbian wyandotte (middle white bird) with two light brahmas on the outside. Light brahmas are also a LOT bigger than the wyandotte.
29942_imag2386_byc.jpg

Last edited:
Actually not much in appearance other than the feathered legs. Other differences are egg laying, broodiness and cold hardiness. They all have the columbian pattern, I have raised them all and I like the brahma best but they lay a small egg for their size. The Delaware is a good DP bird but the original body type has been loss as they were the original meat bird before the CX. The Sussex are poor layers but good foundation stock for creating other breeds.
Quote:

Wyandotte should have a rose comb & Light Sussex I believe has straight comb. Also the Wyandotte should have yellow legs. I thinking the sussex may have white legs, but someone else should know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom