What's the gender

modestmaiden62

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 10, 2014
I posted a thread yesterday and most thought them to be ladies except one who guessed a roo based on the saddle feathers but couldn't see them well. This morning I took some more pictures. I hope you will take time and check them out and let me know what you think. I do think the two look different.

They are 4 months old. I am debating taking it back and getting another pullet, but it is an hour drive to take him back and an hour back. I just wish I didn't have to do it.

I wouldn't return either one yet. I would expect you would have heard from one by now if one were male. I see pullets getting close to laying.

I hope you are right. I was just reading how one persons chicken didn't crow till it was 6 or 7 months old. I just hope the dude I bought them from still has some to sell if I have to return it later. Well I'll keep an ear out and see if I hear anything.
Thanks,

my cockerel didn't crow until about 6- months and then he let rip, I had suspicions but that sealed the deal. He made a great cacciatore this weekend

Back
Top Bottom