What's the smallest breed of chicken?

if you like silkies- and want small- go for silkies seramas---- not exactly like silkies but have semi hookless feathers- and the hens I have seen are tiny. THe one Ihave has jsut started to lay- her eggs are still too small and unpredictable for me to incubate.I need to take her pic- she is teensy.the roo is probably a B- she is likely an A.I haven't weighed either since they have gotten older. waiting till they are a year old.

Wow Mom.... LOL sounds funny calling you mom
wink.png
300 rose bushes!!! That's a LOT of roses... and I can't even get more than 1 to live! There is at least one seller here... Frank... I don;t remember his screenname off hand. But I'm sure you can search for Serama eggs
smile.png

Quote:
Never can have too many roses. Roses are like children - give them sun, food, water and some good dirt. And it helps to buy ones that are suited for your area - Michigan - get Canadian Explorer roses - you can search online and find vendors and get own rooted ones.

As if I need any more chickens but the tiny ones sounded like fun - they won't take up much space.

Now why am I reading this?!

Now I feel like I need to find some serama eggs, dwarf silkies and increase my rose population!!!!
And I'm praying someone comes up with dwarf polish. What has happened to me!!!!

he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Thanx for the info
smile.png
I keep trying those store bought grafted ones
tongue.png
I finally went and got some wild ones and they do great
smile.png
lol

I know..... I'm kinda afraid that Seramas will be like Potato Chips ...... once you start.............
lol.png

Quote:
Well I have been googling and haven't found where to buy them yet so my hubby might be safe although he is the one got me started on the chickens. He had to have is Rhodies for eggs - all his fault

jmhappycowboy in Canton, MS is hatching Seramas. I have a breeder's pair of silkie Seramas I got from Dixiebirds.com. They were pricey, however. The smaller ones are the most expensive. They come in sizes from AA (smallest) to D. Mine are C sized. The hen weighs 15 oz. right now because she hasn't quite gotten back up to weight since being broody. The rooster is a pound and a half. I love them. I am getting a couple of black and white mottled Seramas very soon from jmhappycowboy (on this forum). He gets his eggs from good breeders.
smile.png

Here's a picture of my rooster with my Buff Orps and large mixed hen for size comparison.

BelieveitornottheRoosterRulessmall.jpg

Back
Top Bottom