What's the smallest breed of chicken?

Quote:
Well I have been googling and haven't found where to buy them yet so my hubby might be safe although he is the one got me started on the chickens. He had to have is Rhodies for eggs - all his fault

Use the Search here at the forum
smile.png

jmhappycowboy in Canton, MS is hatching Seramas. I have a breeder's pair of silkie Seramas I got from Dixiebirds.com. They were pricey, however. The smaller ones are the most expensive. They come in sizes from AA (smallest) to D. Mine are C sized. The hen weighs 15 oz. right now because she hasn't quite gotten back up to weight since being broody. The rooster is a pound and a half. I love them. I am getting a couple of black and white mottled Seramas very soon from jmhappycowboy (on this forum). He gets his eggs from good breeders.
smile.png

Here's a picture of my rooster with my Buff Orps and large mixed hen for size comparison.

BelieveitornottheRoosterRulessmall.jpg

After watching my recessive gene frizzles I was wondering if anyone breed thier chickens to be tiny on purpose? A miniture polish would be awesome. I know they have bantam polishes, I am talking one 6 inchs high (or smaller)! If they can do it with dogs I am sure you could pull it off with a chicken....

My frizzle vultures are about 6 inches high about 7 inches long if that, they are tiny birds. Still have a little room to grow thou...

Bubba
20170924_150638.jpg

i have a roo and hen silver duckwings. they are super tiny. got lucky and picked them out of assorted bantam bin at tsc. going to put them together to breed soon so i can sell the chicks as pets. they are super friendly and i doubt they are even 1 lb. i can see why people would keep them in the house. the roo barely crows. they are a quiet ,calm inquisitive beed. more so than even my silkies.

Back
Top Bottom