What's the temperature where you are???

Just reading it had me on the edge of my seat! But I am so glad she and her son were ok, such scary things. we don’t have poisonous snakes here (well only one species), we do have bears and other interesting predators though.
Bears vs snakes ... hm, that's a tough one :hmm

Here is the video from the news last night. I hope it's available internationally. You can see the chooks on the roof!

Tornadoes are hard thing to not be afraid of. For 8 years I lived in southern CA in Palmdale right on the san andreas fault and felt a couple small earthquakes then moved back to the east coast . No likey quakes
No quakes here, but yes tornadoes, I get a bit panicked with the horses outside in bad weather. I have a cement block barn so it should be good for up to an F3. I’ll loose the roof likely but the walls should be good.

But let’s not tempt the Fates shall we…

I am just happy it’s been a nice winter - so far! Still need to get through February and March….

Thursday 1st February 10.42a.m. Breezy and warm, patchy cloud. Light wind 13 / 16.7 kph NE, Hg 52%, Temp is 22.3c / 72.1F heading for 26c / 79F.

Moon is 64%

Saturday, 3 Feb​

Hazardous Surf Warning for:

Byron Coast, Coffs Coast, Macquarie Coast, Hunter Coast, Sydney Coast, Illawarra Coast, Batemans Coast and Eden Coast

NSW Police Force, Marine Area Command advise that:
  • People should consider staying out of the water and avoid walking near surf-exposed areas.
  • Rock fishers should avoid coastal rock platforms exposed to the ocean and seek a safe location that is sheltered from the surf.
  • Boaters planning to cross shallow water and ocean bars should consider changing or delaying their voyage.
  • Boaters already on the water should carry the appropriate safety equipment and wear a lifejacket.
  • Boaters should remember to log on with their local Marine Rescue radio base, via VHF Radio or the Marine Rescue APP, and consider their safety management plan.
So I had to go searching for why such a warning was put in place.

Map shows extent of wild weather as heavy surf set to batter NSW​

Surfers and swimmers are being told to stay out of the ocean as waves up to 4m are set to batter the shore in parts of Australia.

Parts of Australia are set to be battered by wild weather and heavy surf as a low-pressure system brings wet weather to the country’s south.

A low-pressure system is sweeping through multiple states and is set to affect NSW, Tasmania, Victoria and South Australia.

Powerful surf will batter the central and southern parts of NSW, with waves of 3-4m expected to hit on Friday and Saturday.

In Sydney, wave heights are expected to peak at 4.5m over the weekend, creating rough seas off the city’s coast.

Swimmers are advised to stay out of the water. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Gaye Gerard

Swimmers are advised to stay out of the water. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Gaye Gerard

All the surfers will be waxing their boards :cool:

Bears vs snakes ... hm, that's a tough one :hmm

Here is the video from the news last night. I hope it's available internationally. You can see the chooks on the roof!

That was awesome thanks for sharing 😃

Grizzly mama and her cub, this was up on a project I worked on in northern Alberta.
IMG_4196.jpg
IMG_4197.jpg
IMG_4195.jpg

And this was a few hrs north of Fort McMurray, and what happens when the office window isn't closed at night!
IMG_0307.jpg

No I didn't leave the window open 😀

That was awesome thanks for sharing 😃

Grizzly mama and her cub, this was up on a project I worked on in northern Alberta.
View attachment 3737972View attachment 3737974View attachment 3737976

And this was a few hrs north of Fort McMurray, and what happens when the office window isn't closed at night!
View attachment 3737978
No I didn't leave the window open 😀
Lol it almost looks like he's meant to be there, doing some office work! Beautiful animals! Thank you for sharing those pics! :D

Lol it almost looks like he's meant to be there, doing some office work! Beautiful animals! Thank you for sharing those pics! :D
Yes, I was disappointed he didn’t start up the coffee brewing haha!

They are awesome, I’ll post some Lynx tomorrow night if I get a chance - mama and her 4 cubs, I also have some wolf pup pics somewhere, and bison, moose, elk 😊 owls…..

I sure do miss working in the wilds of the Boreal Forest. Where -45C is cold!

Back
Top Bottom