What's the temperature where you are???

638 pm Friday 7& feels 81 beautiful blue sky

IMG_7551.png

IMG_7552.png

Ok, I was about to whine and complain about the rain here - I won’t- but it’s darn damp and chilly!

I sure hope people are ok and getting supplies flown in to them.

Today it’s raining again (what a shocker), and cool at only 9C (48f), it’s supposed to stop raining this afternoon and go to 13c (55f).

The horses are all muddy, but the chooks seem to be enjoying wading in the flooded ponding in the lawns.

View attachment 3805835View attachment 3805834

Brrrr! Hoping for warmer weather soon.
I'm no fan of that dank, gloomy weather either ... it get's old very fast. When we had the endless summer rain in 2022, even the dog walking on the lawn made the mud rise .. and i'll never foget the smell. We need a year of dry to let the clay layer dry out. I hope you get dry and sunny days very soon!

I'm no fan of that dank, gloomy weather either ... it get's old very fast. When we had the endless summer rain in 2022, even the dog walking on the lawn made the mud rise .. and i'll never foget the smell. We need a year of dry to let the clay layer dry out. I hope you get dry and sunny days very soon!
Ugh, poor dog! I feel for him - nice thing here is the fact my soil is sand, so it will dry fast once it a bit of warm wind and sunshine. It turned sunny windy and got to 12c this late afternoon - the chooks had a blast digging in the mud, and sunshine made it even more enjoyable for them.

Saturday 20th April 1.50p.m. Wet and windy! 18.5 / 44.5kph SSE, Hg 53%, 18.4C / 65.1F top of 19C / 66F. Shower or two. Windy. Marine wind warning.

Moon is 87.2%

East coast soaking headlines weekend of possible cyclone, frosty south, and endless WA heat​

9 hours ago​

By ABC meteorologist Tom Saunders​

103747022.jpg

Heavy showers are predicted along the NSW coast, with Saturday expected to be Sydney's wettest day. (Supplied: Robin Moon)

Australia's weather will serve up a smorgasbord of variability this weekend, including another bout of heavy rain for the eastern seaboard.

The soaking thankfully won't match the intensity of early April, but a separate weather system will also bring heavy rain to far north Queensland, while a tropical low threatens to intensify into a late season cyclone in the Gulf of Carpentaria.

Clear skies will prevail across the rest of Australia this weekend but with a vastly different feel — southern states will rug up through frosty nights, while Western Australia's incredible run of unseasonable warmth heads into record territory.

Stormy week culminates in weekend drenching for east coast​

The storm season ends in less than a fortnight, but this week has brought an unseasonably active outbreak of thunder and lightning to NSW, and occasionally southern Queensland.

While thunderstorms eased on Friday, the stormy skies are now being replaced by a broad rainband across south-east Queensland, along with heavy showers along the NSW coast.

The rain will result from a similar set-up to the previous deluge – a humid airstream off the Tasman and Coral seas clashing with a mass of cold air over the inland.

But thankfully a repeat of the severe floods which ravaged Sydney and the Illawarra is unlikely due to a low pressure system forming well offshore, as opposed to a fortnight ago when a low developed right on the coast.

Sunday edit: none of the above forecast played out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom