What's the temperature where you are???

Thank you - Interesting. The New Moon period is nearly always very windy here. This is when we get rough surf and marine wind warnings the most. It also means 9 days of great fishing, and the beach will be lined with men that I don't see at any other time; the sand is also firmer. It's not uncommon to hear of rock fisherman being rescued, injured or worse.

The full moon period usually brings calm, hot sunny days and cool, heavy dew nites... always the best time to have the firepit going. During summer 'heatwaves' we get cool nite respite (for those who want it lol). During winter the full moon days are nearly always the warmest, even if that means 18C instead of 15C. The dogs love having a midday walk and swim on those days.
In the dead of winter - January/February - when it’s a full moon, and the snow is on the ground at night it’s as bright as day, and freaking snapping cold! Like -40C cold! - my fence boards can be heard cracking from the contraction of the boards in the cold. The snow crunches and squeaks when I walk on it.

And yet still in that cold you can hear coyotes, wolves and owls calling. It truly is a thing to behold.

You can also hear me cursing the cold as my poor fingers, toes and nose get frost nipped 😁

Thank you - Interesting. The New Moon period is nearly always very windy here. This is when we get rough surf and marine wind warnings the most. It also means 9 days of great fishing, and the beach will be lined with men that I don't see at any other time; the sand is also firmer. It's not uncommon to hear of rock fisherman being rescued, injured or worse.

The full moon period usually brings calm, hot sunny days and cool, heavy dew nites... always the best time to have the firepit going. During summer 'heatwaves' we get cool nite respite (for those who want it lol). During winter the full moon days are nearly always the warmest, even if that means 18C instead of 15C. The dogs love having a midday walk and swim on those days.
In the summer is the time for fire flies (or fire beetles), the nights here in the country are cooler than in the cities, and the grass gets soaked with dew. And if I go out in the paddock I can see a thousand flashes of light from the fire flies - I always remember to wear my muckers so my feet don’t get wet and cold - and wear a sweater so I can admire those flashes of light.

I must make note this summer of the moon phases and the fire flies. But I am thinking that they are more active during a new moon when it’s dark, from what I can recall from last summer when I went out one dark sultry warm night to enjoy the show. There was no moon light I am sure (I know because I tripped over the temporary chicken netting I put up 😆 - ow).

In the summer is the time for fire flies (or fire beetles), the nights here in the country are cooler than in the cities, and the grass gets soaked with dew. And if I go out in the paddock I can see a thousand flashes of light from the fire flies - I always remember to wear my muckers so my feet don’t get wet and cold - and wear a sweater so I can admire those flashes of light.

I must make note this summer of the moon phases and the fire flies. But I am thinking that they are more active during a new moon when it’s dark, from what I can recall from last summer when I went out one dark sultry warm night to enjoy the show. There was no moon light I am sure (I know because I tripped over the temporary chicken netting I put up 😆 - ow).
Yes, it probably makes more sense seeing them during a new moon.I have never seen fire flies in real life .. how amazing and cool it would be. I'm not even sure if we have them here, come to think of it. All the paper wasps are out today and I never see them unless it's over 20C.

Tuesday 23rd April 10.20a.m. Sunny and warm with a light 11.1 / 14.8kph N - ppl will be having a 'sick day' on the beach! Hg, 52%, 22.2C / 71.8F top of 25C / 77F. Sunny.

Moon is 99.1%

Volunteer bushfire brigades across the south of Western Australia are still on high alert, with dry summer conditions extending well into autumn.

Wow, such a beautiful yard and garden. love the red chairs! .. no one would ever guess you keep chickens lol!
Thanks! …..until they tracked “fertilizer” back in the house on the bottom of their shoe. Haha! The gals have free roam of the lawn and garden.

Attachments

• IMG_4067.jpeg
    IMG_4067.jpeg
    686.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom