What's with your user name? And what about that avatar?

hennible

Crowing
5 Years
Jul 14, 2014
Central British Columbia
A lot of people have very interesting usernames, and I wanted to ask "what's with that? why is that your username? what's the story?

I'll share my story quickly. I have a hen named Hennible, she was given to me by a friend who was so disgusted by the chicken "shredding" her first hatch of chick that she couldn't keep her, in fact she was going to get her husband to shoot the hen. I enjoyed the character Hannibal Lecter, so it seemed appropriate to name this hen after the famous serial killing cannibal from the silence of the lamb's films. Anyway I try to embrace the fact the chickens are what they are and occasionally they are cannibals so my user name is Hennible.

Please tell me why your user name is what it is, and maybe tell us about your avatar. My current avatar is my son Brighton and one of our buff orpington " babies"
:D

I have already answered the questions and reasoning a couple of pages ago but I am enjoying reading all of the creative names as well as the ones who think they are not too creative.

Each one is unique with a different story...your story...and that makes each of you so very special. And you are from all over the world! Places I will never see and can only day dream about. and yet, here we all are....over chickens!
D.gif

Love to hear the stories. Especially the one a few back that lives on an island, paddled a canoe to school and walked a mile besides, in all kinds of weather. Not making fun...but my dad always told me stories like that and he grew up in Florida, dirt poor and often no shoes. But his always ended with how he walked 5 miles to school........uphill.......both ways (always spoken with a twinkle in his eye).
th.gif
Actually, he was such a charmer, a friend of his sister often carried him piggy back when he was just a little guy.

My username is because I grew up on an island that's been in my family for 4 generations now, raising mainly horses and sheep, going to public school and getting there by way of canoe (even in winter) and a one mile hike, doing my homework by oil lamp and hauling firewood as we have no electricity or any other means of heat. The island life is in my blood.

My avatar is a photo of my daughter canoeing to the very same island at sunset.

Last edited:
Ok, even though FL is considered the Sunshine State and we harbor Mickey and Minnie look alikes for fun and sport, it is not always kittens and puppies here when it comes to weather. I mean, at below 70, we get out the sweaters and if it drops to 50, geesh!...full winter coats! Now imagine 50 degrees with a 80% air moisture level. It's like 50 and being almost soaking wet! Danged cold!

I lived in the Quad Cities, Iowa area for 14 years so yes, I do know what bitter cold, waist deep snow, slushy anti-freeze is all about. Glad I moved back to my home state. :
love.gif

Just had to update my avatar to reflect the season! Ho ho ho and merry chicken!

(I know it's a bit early but wanted to do my avatar shopping early, lol)

Back
Top Bottom