What's wrong with her comb???

kandrews

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 23, 2012
Massachussets
I've just noticed this and anyone no what's wrong it's like dark colored now it's weird and I don't no what the white spot is

Also it's kinda looks like it's warped or something she not egg bound I actually watched her lay an egg today

did she go without water for any length of time? or get too cold? Does she seem to be acting off at all?
Running out of water, getting really cold, and getting sick can cause a chicken's comb to shrivel and darken. So watch her. If it's frostbite it will heal on it's own, if it is due to a lack of water it will fix itself with water, and if the hen is sick you should see more symptoms than just a shriveled comb.

no shes been fine shes playful the only other thing "wrong" with her is every once in a while I have to clean her vent because it gets a little crusty but that happened before the comb problem

as for frost bite i dont think so because I have a heat lamp in my coop and i never open up their door if its freezing out and the only time they would have gone without water (I dont think they did my cousin took good care of them) was when i went to florida thanks for the help! a whole bunch of weird things are going on with combs this week in my coop my other oegb hen is magically growing one and she is about a year old!!!

Back
Top Bottom