What's Wrong With Her Wings?

They are now laying closer to her body and seem to be normal thanks for your advice!

this is my first time raising chickens and i'm learning as i go so i too panic at every lil thing, eggs have been hatching and growing up to be chickens for as long as the egg has been around, nature can be a thing of beauty, and it can be a savage cruel thing.. but all you can do is let nature run its coarse and learn what you can along the way...DENNIS K..

I have an australorp just like that as I type. Her primaries developed more quickly than the secondaries so it gives the illusion something is off.

I'm glad it did in fact end up being nothing. Often times that is the case...which is good because often when there really is something wrong there isn't a whole lot you can do most of the time to help...

Some people put marbles in the waterer because chickens are attracted to shiny objects. It helps make it easier for them to find the water. Not everyone does this, but some people prefer to do it.

I feel like most people put marbles in the water more to prevent drowning in the water dish more so than to attract the chickens to it. I use chick waterers...so no need for marbles...

I feel like most people put marbles in the water more to prevent drowning in the water dish more so than to attract the chickens to it. I use chick waterers...so no need for marbles...

That too :) I personally use marbles for the shiny object factor. I've never had any drown, so I'm not so worried about that.

Back
Top Bottom