What's wrong with my duck?

Indianrunner123

Songster
5 Years
Feb 24, 2018
I have 3 Indian runner ducks and they are currently laying. Some days I get 3 eggs some maybe 1. For the past week one of the ducks seems angry or something. She's quacking alot which is very unusual for my girls and she has her feathers puffed up alot. I can only describe her as being in a really bad mood haha. I felt her today and I'm not 100% sure but I think she might be egg bound. However she's been in this state all week and until yesterday I was getting 3 eggs a day so she was obviously laying for a couple of days.

When I do get 3 eggs however there is always one with a white shell and instead of being smooth it's like sandpaper. There was also a day that I got a soft shelled egg.

They are all on high vitamin and mineral duck layers meal.

If anybody can help it would be much appreciated. Dont want my girl to be in such a bad mood anymore haha

Attachments

• 20190417_135915.jpg
    20190417_135915.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 3
I'M not familiar with the food you are using, but I find that sometimes my ducks need oyster shells to put their shells on.
Years ago when we had all sorts of duck we fed them shells however since using this meal I havnt had any problems. I'm just wondering if it has something to do with this particular duck?

As just out seeing them there now and she had an eggs beside her. Felt her again and there is no egg in her anymore. However she still in a foul mood.

Back
Top Bottom