What's wrong with my ducks eyes?

Debby Duck

Songster
Jul 5, 2020
South Florida
Hello, I have a few ducks that have this weird skin growing out of the membrane surrounding their eyes. I can't find anything like it online when I researched. Has anyone seen this in their ducks? Photo attached

Also one of them has one of his eyes that appears sunken-in as well. It's been like this for quite a while and he doesn't seem to have any other issues. I took him to the vet a couple of months ago and was given eye drops for inflammation which did no good. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Photo attached, the 2nd one

Thank you

Attachments

• 20240307_212524.jpg
    20240307_212524.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20240307_212658.jpg
    20240307_212658.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 28
Awe, a crested baby :love Just like my Cherry. That’s very interesting, I haven’t seen the ‘eye liner’ be wrinkly and sunken before. For reference, the eye of my crested boy
IMG_3786.jpeg

I don’t know if it’s normal or what you could do about it, I’m sorry. Maybe someone else knows?

I would call the vet and say those drops did nothing to help, so can they give another kind? hopefully they dont say you have to come in again (I know its expensive and a lot of us cant afford keep going to vets with our ducks (me included)
I would even tell them that someone suggested terramycin antibiotic ointment and see what they say

Awe, a crested baby :love Just like my Cherry. That’s very interesting, I haven’t seen the ‘eye liner’ be wrinkly and sunken before. For reference, the eye of my crested boy
View attachment 3767172

I don’t know if it’s normal or what you could do about it, I’m sorry. Maybe someone else knows?
Oh he's a cutie. He reminds me of my other one Blackie. So his liner is more visible than my 4th one. But not wrinkly or as big as my 2 that have it.

Uh oh. It seems like some of my information is confusing. The eye drops were given for the duck that has the sunken appearance in his right eye. Not for the other problem. There hasn't been any treatment done for the eye tissue or liner. Sorry for the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom