What's wrong with my ducks eyes?

I would call the vet and say those drops did nothing to help, so can they give another kind? hopefully they dont say you have to come in again (I know its expensive and a lot of us cant afford keep going to vets with our ducks (me included)
I would even tell them that someone suggested terramycin antibiotic ointment and see what they say
Yes I expect I'll probably have to take both of them to the vet. The one with the sunken appearance in the eye has been there for that eye problem before. So this will be a return visit.
This eye lining issue seems to be a very unusual thing, even though it affects 3 of my ducks.
You are absolutely right these ducks can be costly. Vets are not cheap these days!

Hi, thanks for asking. They are doing well. Don't show any signs of any discomfort. I haven't taken them to the vet yet. I'm dreading it. They all hate it and throw a fit when I have to do that. I'm wanting my back to settle down some before I have to go through it.

Hello, I have a few ducks that have this weird skin growing out of the membrane surrounding their eyes. I can't find anything like it online when I researched. Has anyone seen this in their ducks? Photo attached

Also one of them has one of his eyes that appears sunken-in as well. It's been like this for quite a while and he doesn't seem to have any other issues. I took him to the vet a couple of months ago and was given eye drops for inflammation which did no good. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Photo attached, the 2nd one

Thank you
Best eye antibiotic is ointment not drops. Drops do nothing. Try the Erythromycin ophthalmic ointment. Twice a day. Good luck love your duckie.

Back
Top Bottom