What's wrong with my ducks feathers

They are brittle and will break off if i bend them. What kind of vitamin would you recommend?
Thank you

I would try a multivitamin. I use Vitamins and Electrolytes plus. Also, consider adding a few tablespoons of ground flax seed to her food, and maybe even a quarter cup of dry high quality cat kibble every other day for a week and see if the extra protein and omega acids help the feathers.

I have fed both cat kibble and flax seeds to my ducks and it seems to work well.

Thank you very much for all the help!! I will give that a try and repost if it makes a difference

Thanks, just trying to think of anything that might affect the feathers like this. Someone in the northwest is having weird feather stuff going on and I was wondering if you were both in the same area. Not.

I have been trying to think of an environmental cause of the problem. But you have another duck with no feather troubles, yes?

I will check in again next time I come online. Take care. I gotta get some rest.

You might try looking for Mazuri Waterfowl maintence diet. When I tried switching to another type of feed, my ducks' feather quality suffered. It might be worth a try. It has fish meal in - something that you won't find in most other feeds. It's a high quality source of protein.

Back
Top Bottom