what's wrong with our silky?????

ginger c.

Songster
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Alabama
hey y'all, this is Louise she's 23 1/2 weeks old, and she just doesn't look like any of the silkies we've seen on here. shouldn't her head be fuzzier? and is she a she? her wattle looks pretty big, but she's not crowing, she's also not laying any eggs. her brooder mate, Piper, did turn out to be a roo, and she doesn't look like him either. she's very sweet and timid, she screams and runs if any of the 4 big girls even look at her. our little roo still pals around with her some when he's not busy trying to romance the big girls, but for the most part little Lousie just pecks around by herself. it's pretty pitiful. anyway any input would be appreciated!!! Dh wants o know if she needs a good shampoo and conditioner? he's a fool but he's my fool!LOL!!

87741_lou.jpg

87741_056.jpg

She's just a poor quality or hatchery quality silkie. Nothing is wrong with her, I bet she's still sweet as pie!
smile.png
I have a couple of rescued black silkies just like her, I just don't breed them with my show quality flock. But I do let them hatch and raise my babies, they do an awesome job!

Back
Top Bottom