Votes: 1 3.1%
  • English pouter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • German Modena

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Jacobin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i hate to pick a fav out of mine, but even over my colored homers, which fly fast, hard and can manuver unlike any other pigeon ive seen in person so far, though havent had or seen any probly great racers in action, my flying flights have to take the flying performance prize. they can manuver in air and take off immediate landing even, in any and zigzaged directions, like giant humming birds pretty much. still think about a pair of rollers ive seen in action another had (always thought they had to be in a decent sized flock). show birds, im finding i am curious about a few breeds, just for fun, and thinking of trying to create a "fantasy", with having all the ingrediants maybe to start some with, maybe try to find a pair of mookies, as excuse of using as pumpers.. lol

Last edited:
Although I have not worked with all breeds of pigeons before, here are my favorites out of the breeds I have raised:

My personal favorite show breed: Classic Old Frills. Similar to Oriental Frills, but smaller and cobbier looking along with a beak which is long enough to enable the birds to eat easily and feed their own young. Oriental Frills have extremely short beaks and 90% of the time require fosters. Plus Classic Old Frills are insanely cute!
love.gif

For a performance Show Breed, the Parlor Tumblers are easy to handle and make wonderful pets. Steve at Pegasus Loft has some wonderful Tumblers (and other show breeds of excellent quality).

For an aerial performer, Birmingham Rollers take the cake. Homing pigeons are also fun to work with, fast in evading hawks, and very intelligent birds overall, but the Rollers have much more personality and in some cases much more friendly and curious birds. It is very entertaining to see a kit of talented spinners take to the sky and perform what would seem impossible for a pigeon.

My favorites are Satinettes and homers you get entertainment,docilness and fancy all combined into one!

Back
Top Bottom