What's your least favorite breed?

Quote:
I will assume that you are referring to Hatchery stock and not birds from a good Breeder which are quite different than hatchery stock.

Before someone thinks I am "bashing" hatchery, I am not. I am just stating a fact.

Chris

My bantam Minorca roo is a sweet little thing. *IF* you can catch him, he's very calm in your hands and will let you hold him for quite a while and eat treats while you hold him (he is my son's favorite and he wants to show him at 4H etc, so he's trying to handle him more.) He's a feisty little thing, but he has never shown any agression at all towards people!

those stupid white rocks or what ever they are those soup chickens and the road island reds how ever you spell that there both boring and ugly and the reds will eat each other my dad told me nasty stories of the reds eating another hen inside out it was gross and the whites are sooooo stupid like i feel bad how there treated but there all inbred mongrels and ugly as **********

those stupid white rocks or what ever they are those soup chickens and the road island reds how ever you spell that there both boring and ugly and the reds will eat each other my dad told me nasty stories of the reds eating another hen inside out it was gross and the whites are sooooo stupid like i feel bad how there treated but there all inbred mongrels and ugly as **********

Obviously you have never seen an exhibition White Plymouth Rock or a Mohawk line Rhode Island Red. Both are quite gentle and beautiful. The hatchery source taht have Leghorns crossed in way back for egg production may be nuts and sort of ugly. But walk into a poultry show and look at the majestic White Rocks and RIRs and you will agree they are nice!

Silkies/Showgirls. Can you say, "CREEPY looking?"
hide.gif
You could not give me a million dollars to have one of those in my chicken yard. Too scary looking.

Showgirls is why no rooster should drink and drive! However, a small flock of silkies will eliminate both your incubator and brooder!

We had a horrible Warren cockerel, he was always treading the hens. He had a pretty mindless look in his eye.
The nicest/tamest breeds we have are the Sumatra's.

Any fresh from the hatchery stock or mixed breed. Waste of feed, time and money. It takes the same amount of work, feed, and effort to raise a standard bred bird.

Back
Top Bottom