whats your thoughts on candling eggs often.

The only thing I've heard is that candling eggs too much can cause too much Royals from your skin to develop on the eggshell disabling gases to flow in and out of the egg so if the eggs become glossy looking that means your candle too much I try not to kill that much I've had my most successful hatches when I've only candled 1 to 3 times.
They also say that it contributes to bacteria getting in the pores and killing the embryos. My last hatch was 92% and I'm a candling addict, so it's working for me..lol

i could of sworn i read people here saying it was ok to candle often a few months ago its gonna be hard not to candle

i could of sworn i read people here saying it was ok to candle often a few months ago its gonna be hard not to candle
People differ in their opions on everything. I've been told both, and I do what is comfortable for me and that's candling. If you are comfortable with candling and you are having good hatches, there's no reason why you should not candle. I do NOT let other hatcher's influence my methods as long as what I am doing is working for me. The thing is to find what works for you and what you are comfortable with. I will listen to other's opinions and weigh their philosophies against mine, but I do what I find suites me with out apology for my methods. There is no right or wrong- there is what works for you and what doesn't.

the thing is this is my first time ive never hatched before. how often do you candle

the thing is this is my first time ive never hatched before. how often do you candle
I usually spot check 4-5 different eggs every night by candling to check air cells and growth. (I usually have at least 2 dozen at set though.) This hatch I set Sunday, I have 6 eggs set aside that I am candling every night. the other 18 I will try to only candle at days 7/14/18. I candle frequently and have great hatches. I have accurate thermometers and a not so accurate hygrometer at the moment, but I check air cells, so that's ok..lol I run a low humidity incubation. All these things can contribute to success or failure. Basically it's about having all your "chicks" in a row.

i really want to candle tonight on day 12 should i or should i wait i just candled on day 10

Back
Top Bottom