Wheaten and blue wheaten bantam ameraucana

Chey1214

Songster
May 4, 2023
I’m going to throw these eggs in the incubator soon. I need a few more and don’t want to purchase from the breeder since I have what I need here.

I don’t know what rooster has who fertilized. Either the wheaten or the blue wheaten Ameraucana has fertilized the blue wheaten hen.

So if a wheaten rooster fertilizes a blue wheaten hen….

Will it still be a blue wheaten hen or will it be 50x50

Thanks
I hope I’m making sense lol

Attachments

• 9AE3484C-2CD6-4FE6-BD70-127AC54FF6E1.jpeg
    9AE3484C-2CD6-4FE6-BD70-127AC54FF6E1.jpeg
    405.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 07AFB9DA-67D0-4E23-B65A-8D483FAD4ED3.jpeg
    07AFB9DA-67D0-4E23-B65A-8D483FAD4ED3.jpeg
    387.1 KB · Views: 14
  • D1B11FF1-5463-40DC-9AEF-4B927D33B0AB.jpeg
    D1B11FF1-5463-40DC-9AEF-4B927D33B0AB.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 13
Wheaten rooster X blue wheaten hen = 50% wheaten, 50% blue wheaten offspring
Blue wheaten rooster X blue wheaten hen = 25% wheaten, 50% blue wheaten, 25% splash wheaten offspring.

Ohhh
Wheaten rooster X blue wheaten hen = 50% wheaten, 50% blue wheaten offspring
Blue wheaten rooster X blue wheaten hen = 25% wheaten, 50% blue wheaten, 25% splash wheaten offspring.
Ohhh splash!!! That’s cool

I have a silver bantamAmeraucana too. If my wheaten/blue wheaten mates with her she will be a Easter egger correct? I don’t want to mix in Easter eggers I want them to stay true

Attachments

• B706349C-756E-486B-9809-4955CA4FF80E.jpeg
    B706349C-756E-486B-9809-4955CA4FF80E.jpeg
    591.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 4DE82BC1-12C7-4564-86F1-A7FAD74789BF.jpeg
    4DE82BC1-12C7-4564-86F1-A7FAD74789BF.jpeg
    777.6 KB · Views: 7
Could that one rooster be a Blue wheaten rooster and I’m thinking it’s just a wheaten? I think I’m right it’s wheaten….

If my wheaten/blue wheaten mates with her she will be a Easter egger correct?

That's a matter of opinion but not my opinion.
Ameraucana are unique because they have the "Easter egger" as a scapegoat.
Many will say once you cross patterns the offspring doesn't count as an Ameraucana any longer. IMO if you cross two Ameraucana the offspring is still an Ameraucana. Just a mixed patterned one.
You can cross colors and patterns then if you know what you're doing you can cross again to get back to a pure pattern. So according to them an Ameraucana can be turned into an Easter egger then back to an Ameraucana. That makes no sense to me.
If you're only breeding one breed IMO it's always gonna be that breed.

Could that one rooster be a Blue wheaten rooster and I’m thinking it’s just a wheaten? I think I’m right it’s wheaten….
The first one is a blue wheaten. The second is wheaten.
The hen is blue wheaten.
Your silver hen is a silver. A silver is silver duckwing.
So ya she's silver instead of gold based and duckwing instead of wheaten so that cross will be a mixed pattern. I wouldn't mess with the cross unless you see a project color/pattern you'd want to work towards.

That's a matter of opinion but not my opinion.
Ameraucana are unique because they have the "Easter egger" as a scapegoat.
Many will say once you cross patterns the offspring doesn't count as an Ameraucana any longer. IMO if you cross two Ameraucana the offspring is still an Ameraucana. Just a mixed patterned one.
You can cross colors and patterns then if you know what you're doing you can cross again to get back to a pure pattern. So according to them an Ameraucana can be turned into an Easter egger then back to an Ameraucana. That makes no sense to me.
If you're only breeding one breed IMO it's always gonna be that breed.
Thanks! This makes sense. I really don’t know what I’m doing, learning as I’m going. Just this year took an interest in genetics. These little bantams are so cute!

The first one is a blue wheaten. The second is wheaten.
The hen is blue wheaten.
Your silver hen is a silver. A silver is silver duckwing.
So ya she's silver instead of gold based and duckwing instead of wheaten so that cross will be a mixed pattern. I wouldn't mess with the cross unless you see a project color/pattern you'd want to work towards.
No I don’t want to cross, I’ll have to lock up the silvers so I can put only the wheaten in the incubator. If I give the eggs away for others to hatch, I’ll let them cross lol (unless they specifically want wheaten)

Back
Top Bottom