When can goslings go outside?

Nights are in the mid-50's and days have been in the 80's. They are not feathered yet, but are getting huge and I am finding it hard to keep them contained inside. I have a big chicken coop that I was going to keep them confined in until they get bigger.

It is about 80 degrees here at night. Zephyrhills, Fl. can we put our goslings out in the coop day and night yet or wait until they are 4 weeks?? It is in the mid 90's during the day. Very rainy here also but the pen has 3 sides, a roof, and is dry. Space is about 4X8 ft. No chickens in this space, we use it for a nursery when we have chicks.

It is about 80 degrees here at night. Zephyrhills, Fl. can we put our goslings out in the coop day and night yet or wait until they are 4 weeks?? It is in the mid 90's during the day. Very rainy here also but the pen has 3 sides, a roof, and is dry. Space is about 4X8 ft. No chickens in this space, we use it for a nursery when we have chicks.
How old again 3 weeks? they would probably be fine outside as long as they didn't get soaked if your having alot of rain. then they could chill since they are completely feathered in yet. daytime with temps in the 90's and shade for them to get into if too hot they would probably be fine out side. Nights is when I would be a little concerned if they didn't stay out of the rain.

Back
Top Bottom