When can i hatch my eggs?

Obyli

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 17, 2011
California Torrance
I have a 20 weeks old White leghorn that started laying 3 days ago. She has been laying every 25-26 hours so i have 3 eggs right now. We also have a white leghorn rooster which is also 20 weeks. When can i put my eggs in the incubator and hatch them? And how do i tell if they mate or no. i have 2 eggs in the fridge and 1 saving so i can put in the incubator when i have atleast 7. 1st egg = 36g 2nd = 38 and 3rd = 40.. Should i be hatching them this early or should i wait?

hi wow first timer. you shouldent put your eggs in the frig unless it dosent work very well 55 dgres is about the coldest you want to store them at for long periods of time. they can sit on the counter for 14 days and still be good. you need to check fertility crack one open and look for the spot is it small or big? have you seen the roster mount the hen? if all is good set about 5 and in 10 days check with a light. then if any are good set the other 10 you have saved, and so on. id mark them with a pencil as to witch day they are layed. for reference.

I am worried about the hen's egg isn't big enough. And the chick won't develope correctly. Maybe i need to let it lay for a month or so and then hatch em. And no i havn't seen my rooster mate with my hen yet. But my hens comb is kinda swallon and hurt and i only have 1 hen and 1 roo so they might mate already when i don't know.

Back
Top Bottom