When can I start bonding with my baby dove?

FrostyWind

Songster
7 Years
Jun 12, 2016
Hey
My dove is a week old? I think? He hatched on the 5th-6th of May (2019).
Lots of feathers are coming in but is still lacking in under his wings and around his crop and his head (the head feathers are coming in). Can I keep him outside on my lap for a sometime of he must go back in his incubator to stay warm?
He can't see nothing when he's in his incubator. His eyes are just open just gazing at I don't know what lol?
How long can I keep him outside for?
How to start bonding with a baby dove like him? What should I do?
Thank you
Here's how he looks
View attachment 1775441

Well done on keeping him growing. You are bonding with him already through contact for feeding. If it is warm enough, yes take him outside with you, but do not leave him unattended. On your lap even covered with a 'blanket' is great. Just don't overdo.

Well done on keeping him growing. You are bonding with him already through contact for feeding. If it is warm enough, yes take him outside with you, but do not leave him unattended. On your lap even covered with a 'blanket' is great. Just don't overdo.
Thank you!
Would that be enough tho?
When im going to take him out the incubator, he sees my hand as a threat, even tho i've been picking him up with my hands since he hatched? But when I pick up he starts flapping his wings for food or excitement or both?
Would that stage pass?

Back
Top Bottom