When did you know you're a crazy chicken lady/guy

I feel so at home here on BYC. I officially was called the Chicken Lady by a group of my friends, for saying I give my girls cold cucumbers and vanilla yogurt when it’s over 90 and that I clamp the cucumber to the fence so it doesn’t get dirty or waste any. Kinda hurt my feelings when they laughed and shook their heads.
thats a great Idea ! What do you clamp it with ?

Paid 99 cents from Home Depot for the large clamps. The smaller was just in the garage it’s on a wire hanger hoop. Keeps treats nice!

Attachments

• 10A1E11A-C1FC-41E8-8911-0F11083FD4AF.jpeg
    10A1E11A-C1FC-41E8-8911-0F11083FD4AF.jpeg
    637 KB · Views: 7
  • DCD76DBC-DDAB-4BCB-8EF6-B6E061B74D91.jpeg
    DCD76DBC-DDAB-4BCB-8EF6-B6E061B74D91.jpeg
    958.4 KB · Views: 9
I think I crossed the line 3 actually 1 when I was up near 200 show fowl and about 150 rir laying hens but then I woke up and I cut back can't remember how much I sold but it took me a while cause I only had a small trailer to transport them on
And the 2nd time would be 3 years ago and I'm still going throw this I by 200 to 500 ducklings every few sell half and raise the others for eggs
And the 3rd time I'm still going throw this at atm Is I hatch up to nearly 400 chicks¢/ ducklings every year and sell them usually unsexed as a straight run but occasionally keep a few that I've thought where worthy of me breeding in the future

I feel so at home here on BYC. I officially was called the Chicken Lady by a group of my friends, for saying I give my girls cold cucumbers and vanilla yogurt when it’s over 90 and that I clamp the cucumber to the fence so it doesn’t get dirty or waste any. Kinda hurt my feelings when they laughed and shook their heads.

They just don't get it. It's a special bond we have with our animals. They probably feel the same way about their shoes or purses. They are just not a living being whose life we make better while they enrich ours in exchange.

Try to take chicken lady as a badge of honor.

Back
Top Bottom