When do ducklings start to get their adult voice?

LaynaDon95

Songster
8 Years
Jan 18, 2012
Texas
Mu ducklings are 2 weeks old. Sage, the Khaki Campbell, has just started almost humming a little sometimes. When she and Paisley are peeping together, every now and then Sage has a little "Hm" added in the background. It's so odd. Is this her starting to get her "big girl voice"?

It's hard to say without hearing them, and that does sound a little early for them to have the voice change (mine were more like 4 weeks for sure) but that does sound about right with "Hmm" at the end :) I would just keep listening to make sure, but at this point it sounds like you have a girl
big_smile.png

(Hope that makes some sense....
tongue.png
)

It's hard to say without hearing them, and that does sound a little early for them to have the voice change (mine were more like 4 weeks for sure) but that does sound about right with "Hmm" at the end :) I would just keep listening to make sure, but at this point it sounds like you have a girl
big_smile.png

(Hope that makes some sense....
tongue.png
)
I thought it was early, too. I'd post a video, but she only does it occasionally, so it's hard to capture. Plus, I can never get videos to work on here for me.
They better be girls! I paid for pullets!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom