When do I step in to help?

I’m sorry for only updating everyone now I’ve just had a horrible day. The baby didn’t make it… everything was going really well then at about 4pm I went to moisten the membrane again and I noticed his breathing wasn’t so good, I was monitoring him while trying to check if maybe the fan in the incubator wasn’t working and pulling air in or something and while I was doing that he just stopped breathing… after my boyfriend had calmed me down I tried doing an eggtopsy to see what could have gone wrong but everything seemed fine. The veins had almost completely receded and he had almost no yolk left so I’m really not sure what could have happened. One of the moms babies also hadn’t made it and I’m not sure what that could have been either since he seemed fine. To top off the horrible day a cat broke into our brooder box and killed one of my 2 month old brahmas that I absolutely adored so I’ve been in quite the state this afternoon with everything happening at once.

Thank you everyone for helping. I really do appreciate all the help and advice everyone has given.

I’m sorry for only updating everyone now I’ve just had a horrible day. The baby didn’t make it… everything was going really well then at about 4pm I went to moisten the membrane again and I noticed his breathing wasn’t so good, I was monitoring him while trying to check if maybe the fan in the incubator wasn’t working and pulling air in or something and while I was doing that he just stopped breathing… after my boyfriend had calmed me down I tried doing an eggtopsy to see what could have gone wrong but everything seemed fine. The veins had almost completely receded and he had almost no yolk left so I’m really not sure what could have happened. One of the moms babies also hadn’t made it and I’m not sure what that could have been either since he seemed fine. To top off the horrible day a cat broke into our brooder box and killed one of my 2 month old brahmas that I absolutely adored so I’ve been in quite the state this afternoon with everything happening at once.

Thank you everyone for helping. I really do appreciate all the help and advice everyone has given.
I’m so sorry
May those 3 RIP
I hope you have a better day going forward.

I'm sorry. Sometimes there is nothing you can do to help. RIP babies.

I think you did an amazing job anyway. I would never even thought to have tried to save the baby. You've inspired me to learn more about the biology of hatching to be a more competent chicken owner.

Back
Top Bottom