When do I take the baby chickens out of the incubator?

Thanks guys for all of your discussion.I have one question that when I left three of my newly hatched chicks in the incubator for four hours in order to secure my coming hatching chicks, one of them opened his mouth showing expression of thirst/heat in the incubator by opening his mouth. do u guys still think that i should leave them for another 20 hours and non of them will die because of heat or humidity. however i have taken a precaution and placed them away from bulb installed for the purpose of temperature in the incubator?

Hi,
I have a question regarding if the chick is in the incubator I have to wait for it to get fluffy well what if it's not getting fluffy because of the amount of humidity in the incubator. Should I take him out or put towels in to dry it out more?
One is also having a hard time walking is that normal? Or does he have a defect.
Please help
1f616.png

If your humidity is high enough that your chicks aren't drying off and fluffing out, I would remove them. Since your humidity is that high, opening the lid and allowing some to escape isn't going to be a big deal.

And yes, them being wobbly is very normal. Some of my chicks are running around right out of the shell, others take much longer to get going.

Good luck :)

Ok just to clarify, after the chick hatches leave it? For a day? I have an old school incubator and burned my hand on the heater. They are safe tho???
We live in Florida. Do they need a lamp?
Also there's only one chick. The other egg was put in a week later.

Back
Top Bottom