When do Wyandottes generally start laying?

I have a GLW who is approximately17weeks. She's smaller than her LF flockmates, but not as small as the Splash BLRW bantam who is at least a month older. Neither seem ready to lay, but I was wondering if Wyandottes tend to be smaller birds than other breeds?

I have one that is 6 MONTHS old and she is not laying. I have her on laying mash.... How can I get her to lay an egg.
Would putting those ceramic eggs in a nesting box help?

I have two SLW's, Stripèd and Stormy. They are 21 weeks old. Stripèd has been squatting for a few days and inspecting the nest, Stormy's only just starting to. I have a feeling it's another week or two for them--they're not nearly as restless as my Barred Rocks, one of whom just laid the flock's first egg yesterday.

My babies are two weeks old and some of the ugliest babies ever! All the more reason to hug them and tell them how beautiful they are. I'm new here, btw and love it!

Mine was about 20 weeks when she started laying. She was a hatchery chick though, and I've heard that they tend to lay sooner than "breeder or show" varieties. Nothing you do will make them lay any sooner. The egg comes when it comes. All the anticipation makes it all the sweeter when they finally do lay though.

We have three, a Blue Laced Red Black, Silver Laced and a Partridge. They were all born in January but the BLRB has a redder comb and bigger, redder watlles. Last nite she squatted when I approached her a let me pet her. A first! No eggs yet but is she close?
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom