when eggs hatch from hens

joannamarie

Songster
12 Years
Jun 17, 2007
at what day has other people had there hens hatch eggs out my hen is at day 20 nothing yet and the suspense is driving me mad!!!!!! has anyone had there hens hatch eggs alot of days later

Just relax, okay??!! I have one pipping right now and there's been no change in several hours. It's hard waiting but ya gotta learn or you'll do something stupid...at least, I have in the past! Day 20 is one day early and they could hatch as late as day 23 or 24. Go to the mall or something!
lol.png

will just have to relax thing is dont know if they will hatch as she got of on day 2 for ages and let them go stone cold but i candled them on day 8 and they looked to be developing she could only cover 3 as shes a bantam and i have bought hybrids as i cant have a rooster so i will feel awful for then hen if they are all white as they will be going straight away can the hen hear the chicks inside when they break through the air cell before they hatch

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by this!
hu.gif

Yes, the hen can hear the chicks as they peep when they are getting ready to hatch. Also, the fact that she got off the eggs on day 2 for a long time won't stop them from hatching. She didn't stay off for 24 hours, did she?

Ellen

me meaning if they are white they will be roosters they will be cross chickens white chicks roosters brown ones hens cant keep roosters
who i got eggs off are collecting any roosters that hatch

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif

I haven't hatched any chicks yet, but sounds like waiting to go into labor!! What a drag that was...especially since both of my kids were LATE.

Take a deep breath, and find something totally NON-chicken related to do. It's hard not to obsess sometimes, but you'll just drive yourself crazy!

-Meghan

both my 2 kids were 2 weeks late aswell and this is just as bad i now forgot that i had given the hens water to her and forgot to move it back and she knocked it over found her rolling her eggs about since your not supposed to touch them at all after day 18 and its now the start of day 21 and she was rolling them about thats another reason for them not to hatch out

great i can stop worrying i thought it was really important they wasnt moved in last few days like in incubators
i thought what a good mum aswell not one of the 3 eggs was wet shes not hatched before either it was day 21 at 3pm today so hopefully not long to find out

Back
Top Bottom