when should I candle?

I can tell about the 4th day, sometimes sooner..but i've been candling eggs for years. It's pretty obviously to almost anyone day 7..you'll see veins for sure..a little while later you'll see a black blotch just moving in a rythmic motion around one side of the egg..and shortly after, you'll see your chick waving at you. Its pretty cool! I can see a heartbeating early on..but it takes a great deal of eye straining to see.
Candle on day 4..see if you can see anything, if not..wait about 3 more days and try again, it's a fun learning process, regardless! You'll become more accustomed as time goes by :)

I can usually see something by the fourth day.
I've come to the conclusion though that it's in my best interest to wait until day 10. By then I can usually see something moving. Everytime I've tried to look before that, not all of them will be visably moving (yet) and I tend to get myself worked up thinking that there is something wrong with the development.

Do you use a regular flashlight or an egg candler. We didn't purchase a candler with our incubator and I'm starting to regret it but it's only day 3 on a few. I'll keep trying with the flashlight!

Okay they were set on the 5th so today is only day 3 so i will try tomorrow:) and i use a floodlight and a box for candling... cause i candled last year

Back
Top Bottom