When to expect MPC chicks? *Pic. heavy (p.4)*

kargo

Songster
10 Years
May 8, 2009
Mine were suppossed to ship out this week. I assume that means tomorrow because today was a holiday. I live in TN and MPC is in CT. Any idea whether I should expect them Wednesday or Thursday? My schedule is not at all flexible. My mom's is, but still I'd like to know if possible a little ahead of time. When should I prepare the brooder? Tomorrow, maybe? I can't wait for my babies, but I have a few things to do before I am 100% prepared.

Last edited:
I got mine on that Tue. and i'm in CA.
big_smile.png

And, I believe there were 2 other BYCers that had chicks shipped (from MPC) the 31st and got them the next day too.

Last edited:
Mine are shipping 9/21. I was told I would receive them within 1-2 days.

You should get your brooder all setup so you know your temps are correct. It can take some fine tuning to get it just right.

Get ready now, so you won't be stressing out when the get there.

Good luck and have fun with your babies.

What did you order?

I ordered the 25 pullet Rainbow Special.

Others have said that MPC (housed in Ct) ships from Ohio, because they are not themselves a hatchery. It was suggested that they may ship from Myers???? Please post when they show up; mine are coming in next week (from MPC), and like you, I'm stressing over whether to take Tuesday or Wednesday next week to be here... I'm so envious!!
smile.png
Have fun with your new chicks!!

I live in TN too, Niota to be exact, a small town South of Knoxville. My MPC chicks shipped on a Monday and I received them Wednesday morning (the Post Office called about 7am)

I ordered directly from Meyer Hatchery, so this was helpful to me, too. I quizzed the hatchery staff pretty hard about the arrival date. They said it is guaranteed 2 days (express mail) by 3 pm.

According to my local P.O. staff, Express Mail is 1 or 2 days depending on how on or off the beaten track you are. Even though I'm in a small city of 8000, we are "on" the beaten track (aka Interstate). He said the hatchery might be off the beaten track, adding a day.

The hatchery staff said I can call them the day after they ship, to ask for a tracking number. I guess I'm realistically expecting them on the 4 am P.O truck on the 2nd day.

By the way, Meyer will ship as few as 3 chicks to my small town location. MPC advertises 8 as a minimum to anywhere except a big city. (I ended up recuiting a neighbor to join the order, so we have a total of 7.)

Mine shipped on Monday and arrived Tuesday morning. I live in Arizona, which is about as far from Ohio as you can get.

I'm in CT. My MPC chicks shipped from Ohio. They shipped on a Monday, and arrived at the airport 5 miles from my house on Tuesday morning. They spent Tuesday traveling to the bulk mail center in the next state before returning to the post office just 4 miles from my house. The post office called at 6 am Wednesday morning to say they were there. They were all (15 of them) healthy and chirping.

That was 7 weeks ago. They are all still very healthy and seemingly happy, rushing me for treats whenever I go to the coop.

Back
Top Bottom