When to make a safety hole?

Temp 100 humidity 45-55 then 55-60
Earliest one hatched day 20 then it was periodic hatches till 23 for I think one I can’t recall
Have you checked the temp in different areas of your incubator?

If you are getting varying Temps in the incubator you can periodically shift the eggs around so they aren't sitting in the same spot for the whole time.

Have you checked the temp in different areas of your incubator?
Yeah it’s 99-101 all around. If this little one doesn’t hatch then that’ll be like the rest of the 14. My other clutch of 13 hatched 100%. These were shipped badly (tried twice with this seller with instructions for packaging!) so a lot were shook up. Only 6/14 were viable and they began knocking off for whatever reason.
I’ve hatched clutches of seramas before, but never had it go as badly as this one. So I’d like to at least have one chick make it :(

So sorry. Seramas do have the creeper gene in their background, so it’s not unusual to lose some near lockdown time. My seramas usually hatch by late day 19 to 20, though your temps would of course play a big part on whether or not it’s late for them. I have found over the years that I get a better hatch rate with a slightly higher incubation temperature, they hatch a little early, but seem to do better. I don’t normally have to do safety holes, as they usually pip on their own, but some fail to zip and need assistance between pip time and zip time.
What incubator temp do you shoot for? 100.5?

Back
Top Bottom