When will they grow out of their "baby voice" ?

My babies are only about 3 weeks old and I love their chick peeps. I almost wish they'd keep them instead of the clucks.

I love all chicken sounds, even rooster crows. My favorite is that little trill/purring thing they do right before sleep. My 15 peeps are peeping right now, in their brooder next to my desk. Who needs a radio!

I love that little trill/purring noise too. First time I heard it I said "awwww...did you hear that" to my friend. It was too cute.

I read somewhere that they started Clucking at the age of month old o.o'. 1 month to 2 months, I don't know D:
But the other day I was petting my Easter Egger outside, she was laying against my ankle it was cute, she started purring I believe. My Roo is funny he think's hes a dog, he follows me and mom around all the time, then when he wants in back in the brooder room, hes like ''Ladies! I'm back'' he runs in there to cute. My chickens all have they're funny ways, one of them don't care what ya do to her, you can hold her like a baby or she'll try to wrap herself around my arm.

My pullets started to make the occasional cluck when they were about 5 weeks old. Now (at 9 weeks) they still peep a lot but are clucking more often.

My husband let one escape the other day and she half ran, half flew to the coop and started clucking away at the door. I turned to my husband and said, "You scared the PEEP out of her!"

The amount of noise they make varies to the bird and what's going on around them. Tallulah Bawk-head is my loudest and Chickie Babie hardly makes a sound.

My chicken only clucks when we pick him up. Other than that, it's all peeps and he's two months old now.

Back
Top Bottom