When your still air, diy incubator can't raise the humidity on day 19.....

thebulg

Chirping
Aug 20, 2015
North carolina

You get desperate haha!

It's working, by the way. Certainly not the most efficient or even the smartest, i am sure.

I tried sponges and for whatever reason, it wasn't working. Tried washcloth and the temperature couldnt get back up. So here we are ha! We are going to build a better set up for the next hatch. I tried this on a whim and amazingly it worked.

Sort of.

Ha.

Umbrella is fully upright niw and i got out another thermometer to do a wet bulb temp. I'm not sure i am trusting my digital hygrometer. I should have trial and errored this before i started, but i never expected to even make it to this point. I figured for sure i would fry them. Oye. If hstch day had been 3 days ago, i could have done it without adjusting a thing. We had a hot, rainy stretch and the house was humid enough to take care of it on its own! But i guess battling nature is one of glories of playing God and hatching chicks without a hen!

Way back when, I always incubated in an earthen cellar which maintained fairly consistent temperature and humidity. External environment can impact incubation in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom