Where Am I?

dangerouschicken

Will Barter For Coffee
12 Years
May 6, 2007
Columbia Gorge, OR
I have been getting a few Chick-n-box messages asking where I am these days. I just wanted to let you know that I am fine, and that my reason for not being around much at BYC is that I am busy researching autism information.

Since our oldest daughter was diagnosed last month, I have been trying to find the best information possible, and research therapy and educational opportunities for her. It is exhaustive. There are a million different directions a family could go in, and you just have to trust your instincts on which ones are the right ones. I am interested in finding some hippotherapy for her (to help with speech), and since she is overstimulated easily, something to address that issue more directly, as well. She also has poor impulse control, so I'm sure that will be another 12 zillion hours of research to find some answers there
roll.png
Everything is so hit and miss.

And the answer to the question, "Are you really leaving your farm?" YES. We are. We are planning to move back to Portland, OR in August 2009. I can still have hens in the city, so I will continue to do that fun hobby. I'll still be connected with you folks. But the farm life is coming to an end, sadly. Our daughter needs the resources and services only a city can provide, so it is good-bye to this place I've called paradise and will always love as my home. Our children come first.

Once again, thanks for asking about me. Everything is fine, just busy. Don't worry about the ole dangerouschicken
wink.png

hugs.gif
I know how much work it takes for a child with special needs (I have one) The research work is so long and frustrating. There are SO MANY options out there and it takes a long while to weed thru all of the stuff to find what will work for your child and family. Best of luck! Glad to hear that you will still be able to have your flock!!
hugs.gif

Jenny Macarthys son has autisim, she wrote a very good book about autisim and how she has battled for her son. I pray for only the best for you and your family, Keep us posted
smile.png

First of all, I am so glad that you are still "around"
big_smile.png
BYC just wouldnt be the same without you!

Secondly, I volunteered for years at a theraputic riding program in Madison WI. I was brought to tears many, many times by the wonderful children who came and rode, and who had their lives opened up by the experience. We donated two of my horses to the program to live out their elder days giving back. I hope so very much that your daughter, and your family, benefits from hippotherapy
hugs.gif

I'm sort of a lurker on your blog, and it's obvious from your writing how much you love the farm. It's sad that you're leaving, but bravo for doing what's best for your daughter.

Back
Top Bottom