Where can I buy cornish chicken in CT

yook2000

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 15, 2010
New Haven County
I want to buy 5-6 cornish chicken. But most hatchery require to buy at least 15 for shipping. I don't have enough space for that many and our small family cannot consume them. Mypetchicken.com does not require that many, but the shipping fee is 35. No worth to do that. Dose any one know where I can buy cornish chicken in Connecticut.

Would you be able to split them with another family or someone else in CT who wants meaties? If you try over in the "Where am I where are you" section, you might find someone near you who will want to split it with you.

I ordered my recent birds from Ideal. I purchased 14 to meet the minimum purchase requirement. It was very inexpensive.

You might want to check Craigslist or a local Agway or farm store. I buy meat birds by the 100 to get a better price and then I sell smaller lots to people who can't make the minimum order from the hatchery. When they are ready to process, I let them use my plucker. It helps me pay for the plucker and it gives them a chance to get a smaller number than they would otherwise be able to get.

Call Morris Burr at http://burrfarm.com/ He's not a hatchery but drop ships from CT. I'm not sure if he has a minimum order but it's likely he can help you find someone to piggy back a few birds onto their order.

Earlier in the spring many TSC/Agway stores sell individual birds but by now they are mostly gone. Call some feed stores (you will need feed anyway) and check with them.

Back
Top Bottom