Where can I find pet chickens in Uruguay?

Sabes donde puedo comprar gallos bebes?

Uruguay es un país nuevo para mi, y no lo sé donder encontrar los gallos. Vivo en el departamento maldanado. Lo siento para mi español, no es muy bueno 😅
Quisiera obtener razas raras. Tengo gallos para mascotas, todos tienen nombres 😆
Here it is in Spanish ^

I will be interested in buying a new flock next year when I get my coop built. I would like rare breeds.
I found there were many English speaking people in Uruguay, try searching for expat groups on Facebook. That's how I started in Paraguay.
I also found the Paraguay version of "eBay" via people I spoke to and used google translate. But mostly I made friends and acquaintances and asked for their local knowledge and ideas.
Find neighbors with chickens and ask them - a smart phone has voice translation apps.
Be persistent and you'll find someone who can advise where to buy "rare" breeds but then check prices!
I suggest starting with hardy common local chickens and learn from keeping them before buying rare (more sensitive) breeds. You'll be able to barter or buy a few hens and a rooster for very little.

Back
Top Bottom