Where can I get these 4 bantams - one stop shop?

Pijevac

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Looking to get a few of these breeds - any idea on the best place where I can get them all from? Looking for spring and only females - no cockerels.

Golden Sebright Bantam
Ameraucana (or Easter Egger) Bantam
Dominique Bantam
Serama Bantam

If you want decent quality adult birds, you will have to search for breeders. You can try going to poultry shows or looking on the internet. However, quality breeders rarely sell chicks, and if they do they will not be sexed. You can find a hatchery that has them, but they will be sold as straight run chicks. Cackle hatchery has all of those except seramas. You’ll have trouble getting exactly what you want from one place.

Problem is I can't have roosters, I don't mind paying a premium for sexed checks that I can only order a few of.

Looking to get a few of these breeds - any idea on the best place where I can get them all from? Looking for spring and only females - no cockerels.

Golden Sebright Bantam
Ameraucana (or Easter Egger) Bantam
Dominique Bantam
Serama Bantam
You have a difficult list. No hatchery has Seramas. MPC does offer sexed EE bantams but at an additional cost of $15 per chick. Cackle has sexed Dominiques (85% guarantee) at an additional cost of about $6 per chick but you have to order at least 5. I'm not aware of any hatchery that offers sexed Sebrights.

Price really don't matter - $5/10/15 per chick is fine if they are ladies. Maybe I will have to just order a few of each and hope that I get ladies - and the remaining ones will get a new home by our Amish friends. Was just curious if there was a place to get sexed bantams in a small quantity is all.

Yea - I may actually go through cackel and get 4-5 non-sexed of all types and hope I get at least one female out of each. Kind of disappointing the excessive surcharge with a 20% failure rate. Maybe instead of a Serama - Mille Fleur d'Uccles Bantam instead. All males and excess females I guess will get shipped up by the Amish.

Thanks and if there are any other good websites for ordering let me know.

https://www.cacklehatchery.com/dominique-bantam.html
"Limit of 5 on Sexed Bantams."

I took that to be the most you can order, not the least. Many of their other breed pages have a list headed "minimums," so I figured this limit must be a maximum.
You are correct, I misread that part. I ordered LF chicks from them last year and there was a 3 chick minimum per breed so had mistakenly assumed bantams were the same.

Yea - I may actually go through cackel and get 4-5 non-sexed of all types and hope I get at least one female out of each. Kind of disappointing the excessive surcharge with a 20% failure rate. Maybe instead of a Serama - Mille Fleur d'Uccles Bantam instead. All males and excess females I guess will get shipped up by the Amish.

Thanks and if there are any other good websites for ordering let me know.
I took a chance this year with 5 straight run bantam Cochin chicks. Four were pullets. The same may be the case with you. Also, ordering a larger quantity may be beneficial - more chicks means they stay warmer in transit, you have extras in case of any losses, and you can pick your favorites.

Back
Top Bottom