Where do you buy your Layer Feed?

dlongterry

In the Brooder
6 Years
Looking for new places to buy food. Where do you buy your Feed? Online? Where? Any got any good shipping prices?

What amount of protein do you look for in your feed?

Crumbles or pellets?

We are have some egg issues and trying to decide what direction we want to go.

Thanks!

I buy pellets at the county co-op. 16% is their standard but they will order the same stuff in 21% if I call ahead a few days (I used that for molting time). Having feed shipped seems like it would be costly.

Looking for new places to buy food. Where do you buy your Feed? Online? Where? Any got any good shipping prices?

What amount of protein do you look for in your feed?

Crumbles or pellets?

We are have some egg issues and trying to decide what direction we want to go.

Thanks!

We buy feed at the feed mill. I think you'll find shipping costs to be too much. You'll just have to look around in your area if you're not satisfied with what you're buying now.

For adult hens in lay, 16-18% protein. In the winter when they are consuming more feed because of cooler weather 16% is good. In the summer when consumption goes down due to hotter weather, then a 17 or 18% feed will get the required protein into them.

Crumbles and pellets are the same thing. Crumbles are just bits of pellets. We feed layer mash which is just milled grains that aren't pelletized.

What kind of problems are you having? How old are your birds and what are you feeding them?

Back
Top Bottom