Where Do YOU Get/Rescue Battery Hens From?

I did. They told me that they never sell spent hens or laying hens
sad.png
That is a bummer.. I hope you can find another place.

If anyone has posted about this already I apologize. I haven't read this entire post yet. I'm on a mobile on a five min break before putting my kids to sleep and will pull this up later inside where I can read the whole thing. Till then I wanted to reply before I lost this thread. I'm in Citrus, Fl. and new to all this but I too would like to save one battered hen. I have been researching for my area with no luck till I found this thread. If anyone knows where I can go to help a battered fluff ball of love please let me know! Thanks to all! This site and all who are on it are AWESOME! Thank you!

I'm adding on to this thread because I want to be useful. I'm in southern Ontario Canada, but I've got coop room, care and BYC advisors, so if there is a battery farm in my area, set me loose, I'll try to bring them home.
I will let you know if I find anything, I may look around online for one later

Last edited:
well looks like I'm going to give up on trying to find battery cage hens to adopt here in Ontario. I've contacted everyone I can think of (rescues, the 3 factory farms in my area,Canadians for the ethical treatment of food animals, Ontario Egg farmers and Chicken Farmers of Ontario) with no luck. The rescues say they don't know where to get them and the factory farms that contacted me back say they don't have laying hens. Other than going to a livestock auction (which I cant find either!) I'm not really sure where else to get them. Looks like it will be raising baby chicks for me!

Last edited:
well looks like I'm going to give up on trying to find battery cage hens to adopt here in Ontario. I've contacted everyone I can think of (rescues, the 3 factory farms in my area,Canadians for the ethical treatment of food animals, Ontario Egg farmers and Chicken Farmers of Ontario) with no luck. The rescues say they don't know where to get them and the factory farms that contacted me back say they don't have laying hens. Other than going to a livestock auction (which I cant fin either!) I'm not really sure where else to get them. Looks like it will be raising bay chicks for me!

I appreciate you checking into it.

Back
Top Bottom