where is a bird vet/emu needs a vet

countrychics

Chirping
10 Years
Jan 21, 2010
south boston virginia
we have an emu ... hes one month old today...has fought splay leg since day 3 out of the bator..he was completely better.....but suddenly now his leg is turned all the way around...i've seen chickens in a sling like device before/ we have taped his legs which helped some, but he is growing so fat... we would never want to put him down.. i have called all 5 local vets, none will see emu, or any birds ????/help.. i need advice..any colleges might take him to better for us? could he still grow and live, and walk ok with this one leg the way it is? we don't have a clue what to do, and are willing to try anything..my vet asked me ' i mean really, what is he worth to you?' as in just put him down.. needless to say he wont be my vet anylonger...any suggestions are greatly appreciated...help pleeaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeee !!!!!!
hu.gif
and thanks in advance , dana

Last edited:
Quote:
thanks 4 the website, just as i thought there are some at virginia tech.. quite a trip for us, but may know a student in vet tech there. i will aslo see about nc, as i am so clocse to nc line.... thanks 4 ure time posting this.... i hope to find an emu vet, because all the vets so far seem to think there is nothing i can do, but we don't believe that! thanks soo much again... dana
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom