Where NOT to buy chicks! Commercial Egg Producers...

BrandoMan

Songster
May 30, 2011
Prewitt, NM USA
Hey I was just reading a post about rescued battery hens. Not knowing what a battery hen was I googled it and its messed up. I actually watch that show: How It Made on tv and they had one on eggs and was ****** off while watching it. My question is does anyone know what hatcherys those commercial egg producers get there hens? I know its gonna be a large hatchery like Ideal. Reason why I am interested in knowing is I am going to order some chicks soon and want to make sure I am not supporting a hatchery who sells to there egg producers. I want to spend my money to support a hatchery or person who actually cares for animals and not just thinking they can make a Easy million by selling to those bastards

Hey I was just reading a post about rescued battery hens. Not knowing what a battery hen was I googled it and its messed up. I actually watch that show: How It Made on tv and they had one on eggs and was ****** off while watching it. My question is does anyone know what hatcherys those commercial egg producers get there hens?I know its gonna be a large hatchery like Ideal. The large egg producers either have their own breeder flocks and hatcheries or buy the chicks direct from the genetics providers (Hy-line, ISA, Bovans, etc.) Cal-Maine http://www.calmainefoods.com/about/facilities.htm,for example probably hatches more chicks in one day than Ideal or Murry MacMurry hatch in an entire year. Reason why I am interested in knowing is I am going to order some chicks soon and want to make sure I am not supporting a hatchery who sells to there egg producers. These hatcheries do not make their chicks available to smaller than industrial size egg producers. I want to spend my money to support a hatchery or person who actually cares for animals and not just thinking they can make a Easy million by selling to those bastards. I am sure that the animal rights activists, and food safety scare industries are pleased that they have influenced you so deeply. Let me assure you that there are no "easy millions" made in the commercial production of eggs. And what money is made is not done by mistreating the hens. What you probably saw was a substandard operation that is headed for financial elimination anyhow. One that would provoke the feelings those groups want you to have.

Back
Top Bottom