where o where have my blue eggs gone?

Rooneytune

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Tacoma
I know it is getting colder and darker and all that, but my other girls are still laying great. I get 4-6 eggs per day from 8 hens, just NO more blue ones? Why would both my EE stop at the same time?
hu.gif

Quote:
EEs can be notorious as fickle layers. I think there are 2 other threads asking about the same thing. My current EEs are laying fine, but I have light in my coop. My last one, even with light, would lay for a couple weeks, then nothing for a few months.

Imp

Quote:
Yeah, those are egg laying machines!

I had four easter eggers, and they were fantastic layers. True, they weren't nearly as good as my white leghorn, but they were awesome. Really big eggs, and they laid 5-6 a week. They also were the most tame, and the ones that would let my 6 year old carry them around.

All of my chickens did slack off a bit in the winter though, leghorn included.

Showing my ignorance, and this is a little off topic.... but..... EE's are crosses between just about anything else and a decendant of an Ameraucana or Araucana... right?
So, for instance, if you have an EE roo and a leghorn hen - is it possible to get one of those 'egg laying machines' that lays colored eggs????
hu.gif
hide.gif

Someone else said EEs are fickle layers and my experience aligns with that assessment. I've said it a time or two recently, so at the risk of repeating myself I'll say that I have a couple of EE pullets that have gone on strike for no apparent reason. They're not visibly molting and they have supplemental lighting.
idunno.gif
I also find that EEs, like Ameraucanas, can take longer to mature so the wait for eggs can seem interminable.

Edited to add the smiley guy!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom