where to buy chickens in pa or online

chris814

Chirping
7 Years
May 14, 2013
MY family and I picked out some chicks this year around Easter and yesterday after 3 good baseball games the coop was full of dead chickens. There was a dog in the yard when we came home. We think it was that dog. So 5 kids cried themselves to sleep :( looking to buy more just not sure where can anyone help out. We live in Knox pa

Greetings from Kansas, Chris, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! So sorry to hear about the dog attack. You might check out your local farm and ranch stores if they exist. If not, you can check out the hatcheries and breeders link below - lots of options. Good luck to you!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16/chicken-breeders-hatcheries

welcome-byc.gif
actually first you need to discover how the animals go to your chickens and then take all steps to prevent it from happening again. Otherwise everyone is going to have continued heartbreak. You need a Ft.knox coop and run for them, with cover . Please read up at the predator section and also on predator proofing your flock.

Then go to 'where am I, where are you' to find your state thread. You are very likely to find someone in your area that could help/advise you on predator solutions as well as where you can get more chicks.

Back
Top Bottom