Where to buy DE in Nebraska...

urbanfarmers

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 23, 2010
Bellevue, Nebraska
My husband is dead set that we need DE so now it's up to me to locate a place to purchase it. I have contacted Bomgaars in Council Bluffs, Ia and Tractor Supply in Omaha, Ne and neither place has it or even knows what I'm talking about. I'm at a loss...other than ordering it off the internet. If anyone has any ideas as to where I can get it, locally if possible, it would be a great help. If I have to order it, where is the most economical place to order it?

I'm in NWMO. I was having the same problems. The local place said that they'd had inquiries about it, but there was no way they'd be able to match or beat online prices.

I ended up buying a 10 pound bag on amazon, with shipping around $25. I could have gotten a better deal if I'd bought 25 or 50 but I wanted to try it out first, plus, 10# is still a pretty good sized bag!

I've asked around and checked numerous places. I finally found some Food Grade on line. I'm trying to think of the source. It's on my work computer. I live near Omaha and couldn't find anyone that knew anything about it. I tried a couple of large garden type stores the type they had was not "food" grade.

I've tried several feed stores around here and nobody knows what I'm talking about so I'm thinking we are going to have to buy it on the net. Rainierlass thanks for the heads up on the stall-dri, I will have to see if maybe they know what that is.

I Just baught a Bag of De yesterday it is called Red lake earth it was at surbaban feed store in florida it cost $ 36.00 for a 40 lb bag
ep.gif

Any one else use this ? I didn't know it was brown I thaught it was like a white powder Any one with some insite on this please pass it alone , I tryed dusting my birds Because of the fleas I am haveing a hard time getting rid of the stick fleas Thank you Jean

Red Lake Earth is made by the same company as my StallDry Paridise.................

This is from their site : "Stall DRY
00ae.png
Absorbent and Deodorizer is composed of a natural blend of food grade diatomaceous earth and clay in a granular form, which has the ability to neutralize ammonia and absorb odors and moisture."

It is like a very fine sand - am sure it is not as dusty as the straight DE - - seems to work really well in my coop and run

I am going to ask my supplier if they can stock the Red Lake Earth DE as well - - might want to try it - the only difference is StallDry has clay and RLE has calcium bentonite and it seems they advertise RLE as a safe feed additive

http://www.absorbentproductsltd.com/redearthusa.htm

Hey Urbanfarmers Take a short drive to Northeast NE and visit Merchant Earth Works Health in Norfolk, NE. They sell food grade DE. I bought 10lbs. for $12 yesterday. You can also go to Ebay. I actually suggested they sponsor this site, and they were interested (Hint moderator contact them).

Back
Top Bottom