Where to buy formalin to kill fungi in soil?

Gatordog

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
I have a problem with the chicken poop causing a increase in nitrogen in my soil, which has resulted in the death of my cat. Dog might have the fungal infection also, will not know until visit to Vet. I need to buy some Formalin solution to spray and kill the fungus. I know it is used in aquaculture and other agricultural operations. I can order it on Amazon, but does anybody know if it is available at Tractor supply, Home depot or at a local retailer. I don't want to wait to long. This is my problem

http://www.vet.uga.edu/VPP/clerk/Edison/index.php

It looks like I will have to get rid of my chickens if I can not control the fungus. I live in Olmito TX, which is next to Brownsville, TX. If anybody wants 3 hens and 3 roos for free let me know. I will also throw in some supplies, feeders, waterer, feed, etc.

Does Lime help? Not sure but might look into it? Feed store has it. I use it when I have bugs and such but not sure?
Quote:

Quote:
I have 2 dog running with the yard birds and never had a problem.

What you could do is pen the chicken up and keep the dog and cats out of there pen then keep the chickens pen dry.
As for a Fungicide try Bonide Copper Sulfate Dust or Bonide Captan.

Chris

Last edited:
Thanks Chris for the info, where do you get the products? Does Lowes or Homedepot carry them?

My problem is the soil down here is already high in nitrogen and this is a warm climate. It has been very dry lately, but the pasture will flood at times and the water stays for days. So the fungus is just there and when conditions are right they sprout. This is why I stopped trying to grow winter melons, to much fungi.

Quote:
Lowe's should have them but if not any good garden center will have them.
You may want to get you and your family checked out because Histoplasmosis will also attack humans.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom