Where to buy Guinea Keets/eggs?

TattooQ27

Songster
Apr 10, 2009
Upstate NY - Albany area
My husband and I want to buy some Guinea keets (or eggs) but we have no idea where we should order from. Any suggestions? We really only want 12 tops so places that make you buy 30 are not an option.

Thanks!

I always buy my chickens from Ideal Poultry, my neighbor ordered his Guinea keets from there and they are beautiful! They are always pecking at the gravel on our road. I think they are also the reason we haven't had many snakes. Good luck with your order!

You can also buy them on E-bay. There are a few guys that sell them in the NY/PA area by the dozen. I bought mine from a guy in PA.
They may not have any listed for a few weeks because it is a little early yet. If/when mine start laying I can give you a dozen I just need reimbursment for shipping.

That's my problem too. I only want six or so. I wasn't sure about ebay but will take a look and see what they have.

Last edited:
You can't buy keets on ebay, no live animals there. Most anyone that sells and ships keets requires a minimum of 25-30 to ensure they stay warm. You can always get a couple other people to go in on an order with you, or you can get a large order and sell the extras. Guineas are very popular, so I'm sure you'd have no problems selling extras.

If there is a farm supply store or feed co-op near you, they may order some for you. Around here we get keets in along with baby chicks in the Atwoods and other farm store franchises.

I will sell 6 or more eggs at $1 per egg plus shipping. If interested email me at [email protected]. I am getting about 7 eggs a day and will ship through April 28. They are pearl and lavinder. Cannot guarantee which they will be as they are all in one pen.

I can ship pearl eggs next week. (filling orders now)

However.....I was looking for ducklings yesterday for my lone call (his sister was killed by a hawk 2 days ago and the guineas let us know before that mean ole hawk did any more damage!) and I googled "feed store" and my county name. Then I called every single store and almost every one said they could order for me. Most of them had a 5 minimum because they wait till they get several customers to order and send it in at once. I'm tempted to order some pieds because I can't seem to find any eggs in a small amount.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom