Where to buy silver

ChicksterJo

Songster
8 Years
Feb 19, 2011
Grounded on Earth
Hi all you BYCers,

I figured I should find some website reviews or info about where to buy silver before I go and actually do it. I hope to get some input, advice, etc.

Thanks.

Kitco.com

Buy physical silver if you do, and have it authenticated. Some are faking bullion, selling silver plated base metal bars. Oh, and I have heard a wider range of percentage of the silver being sold online and "stored" for you is non-existent. I is worse than paper money, it is digital silver. Be careful, but from the forcasts I have heard, silver could way out perform gold before this blows over. I think you are on the right track. Buy silver that you know is silver, and hang onto it yourself, in a bank deposit box or what have you.

I'd say speak to a silversmith of jeweler. They know the ins and outs.

Thanks, onthespot and sumi. I do make silver (sterling silver) jewelry
wink.png
but I was thinking more along the lines of coins, bars, etc. My boyfriend has some silver coins that his brother gave him when they were younger, and that he has collected over the years and I was thinking, better have some of my money in that form than just paper. I'll ask around here too.

We buy all of our precious metals from a specialized pawn shop that is reputable. They charge the current rate. They look it up while you are standing there and get all the pricing off of Kitco.com as someone else mentioned.

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom