Where to take temperature reading in Brinsea?

adrian

Songster
10 Years
May 12, 2009
Regina, SK
So, I've recently noticed that my new Brinsea Advance's temperature reading is off about 0.8-1.5 degrees from the actual temperature (it is too high). I was incubating at 99.5 and it was about 98.2 with a digital thermometer. I went ahead and bought a Brinsea spot check, which is indeed a very good thermometer, but now I've noticed that even a few inches of height difference of the probe (I insert it through the vent hole and hang it at about egg level) makes a pretty big temperature difference. For instance, at the bottom it'll read 99 or less (98.7 even), but two or three inches higher it'll read 99.6. I haven't noticed this much temperature variation in even my Hovabator, which reads about the same within a good five inches. So, I feel very unsafe with these temperatures right now and have no idea what to do. I wanted to recalibrate the Brinsea's temperature reading, as you can do, so that I could set it and trust that it would be at the right temperature, but I have NO IDEA what the temperature is when there are quite large differences in temperature only inches apart. What am I supposed to do?
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom