Which breed of chicken did you get first?

My first was 2 Rhode Island Red, 2 Barred Rock, 2 Light Brahma and a Sapphire Gem. Was all pullets but one of the light brahma Cockrell snuck in the bin and I got it.. a month later I got a Black Jersey Giant and 2 EE pullets

Hello, I'm new to BYC! :D (Though I have been lurking for a few weeks)
Can't wait to discuss chickens with everyone!

Our first breeds were Columbian Wyandottes. We got them 6 years ago!

@SwampQueenChick
My first were Rainbows and Rhode Island Red. 4 of each. then my dog killed them all! So Devastating because i raised them from baby chicks. They barely had just gotten all their feathers on. Then I got 3 older pullets - a Black Gold, Rhode again and one called a blue egg layer. Dog got those too. Now awaiting arrival of replacements for this and one Americauna. We built a big Chicken Hutch and a fortified outdoor run. Should be safe from dog now!

My first were Rainbows and Rhode Island Red. 4 of each. then my dog killed them all! So Devastating because i raised them from baby chicks. They barely had just gotten all their feathers on. Then I got 3 older pullets - a Black Gold, Rhode again and one called a blue egg layer. Dog got those too. Now awaiting arrival of replacements for this and one Americauna. We built a big Chicken Hutch and a fortified outdoor run. Should be safe from dog now!
I am sorry for your loss, I hope your next brood of chicks will be safe!

Back
Top Bottom